Let's Be Prepared, Fairfield!
Please see the tips below and follow the guidleines, which will help you survive the first 72 hours of an event.
How can I prepare for a Public Safety Power Shutoff?
It is important to prepare an emergency plan in advance in the event your family is affected by a power shutoff – or any other emergency.
- Have a personal safety plan in place for every member of your household (including pets)
- Plan for any medical needs like medications that need to be refrigerated or devices that require power
- Build or restock your emergency supply kit, including food, water, flashlights, a radio, fresh batteries, first aid supplies and cash
- Identify backup charging methods for phones
- Learn how to manually open your garage door
- If you own a backup generator, ensure it is ready to safely operate
- To learn more ways to prepare, download our fact sheet